The Weber Basin Water Conservancy District is now accepting Statements of Qualification from General Contractors that wish to provide services for the construction of the District's Water Efficiency Research Center, Administration Building Addition, and Maintenance Building Remodel Project.
The Work generally consists of:
- Water Efficiency Research Center Building
- Construction of a new single story 9,500 SF mass timber framed and architectural concrete Water Efficiency Research Building with all associated structural, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, security, and AV systems.
- Site improvements for approximately 75,000 SF of existing site, including a new parking lot, paved patio space, landscaping to blend into the existing demonstration gardens, and all associated storm drain, site lighting, and irrigation systems.
- Administration Building Addition
- Selective demolition of approximately 550 SF of the existing 2 story Administration Building.
- Construction of a new two story 3,600 SF steel framed addition to connect to the existing Administration building with all associated structural, HVAC, electrical, security, and AV systems.
- Remodel of approximately 3,500 SF of interior space of the existing 2 story Administration Building.
- Maintenance Building Remodel
- Selective demolition of approximately 2,000 SF of the interior of the single-story Maintenance Building
- Remodel of approximately 2,000 SF of interior space of the existing single-story Maintenance building with all associated structural, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, security, and AV systems
The site is located on the existing District campus at 2837 East Highway 193, Layton, UT 84040. The Architect estimates the total cost of construction to be approximately $6,200,000 for the work described above. The Owner is anticipating receiving bids for the Work in February 2019. The Work will commence in March 2019 and be completed and approved by OWNER in all respects by November 30, 2019. It is preferred that the Maintenance Building Remodel be completed by June 30, 2019 and the Administration Building Addition and Remodel be completed by August 30, 2019.
The Prequalified Contractors for this project are:
- Kier Construction
- R&O Construction
- SIRQ Construction
- Stacey Enterprises, Inc.
- Wadman Construction