Are you looking to gain knowledge and experience in the Engineering field? We're seeking to fill a temporary, internship position in our Engineering department. This internship is expected to last 3-6 months at 20-40 hours per week. We are flexible in the start date which can be an immediate start or for the summer of 2019. We are happy to work with your school schedule. As an intern at Weber Basin Water, you’ll gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing things.
Weber Basin Water Conservancy District is Northern Utah’s Regional Water Supplier for: treated municipal water, wholesale irrigation water, retail secondary irrigation water, untreated industrial water and groundwater replacement water. We proudly serve the water needs in Davis, Weber, Summit, Morgan and Box Elder counties.
Every employee at Weber Basin is responsible for fostering an organizational culture that is based on the District's core values of Collaboration, Ownership, Mutual Respect, Professionalism, Appreciation, Safety, and Sustainability.
Over the course of the 3-6 month internship experience you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide technical input and administrative support to our Staff Engineers
- Assist with studies and surveys to determine feasibility of various new projects
- Assist in preparation of plans and specifications for new, improved and remodeled projects being completed by the District
- Must have the ability to work 20-40 hours per week for the 3-6 month internship during 2019.
- We are seeking students pursuing a Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Construction Management or related degree.
- Strong academic performance (preferred GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Completed classes in the engineering field
- Exceptional organizational and collaboration skills as demonstrated through leadership positions on teams and/or in student or civic organizations
- Strong technical experiences as demonstrated through technical projects, research or engineering internships
- Exceptional communication skills and interest and enthusiasm related to engineering
This is a non-benefited position. The hourly wage for this position is $12/hr.
The District provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable law. Weber Basin Water Conservancy District will not refuse to hire a disabled individual who is capable of performing the essential requirements of the position with reasonable accommodations when they do not create an undue hardship.
Any applicant who is chosen as the top candidate for the position will be required to submit to and pass a background and motor vehicle records check. Hiring is also conditioned upon submission to and successfully passing of a urine test to screen for the presence of drugs and alcohol.